Cause Marketing/Community Relations
Whether you're a company that prioritizes giving back to your community – or you're a nonprofit seeking to raise your profile – cause marketing is an important part of your marketing toolbox.
From the business side, research shows that consumers feel better about companies that support causes they believe in. "Doing good" undeniably makes a difference to the direct beneficiaries of your support, but it can also drive sales and help you build strong and lasting relationships with your customers.
And from the nonprofit side, making sure that people are aware of and believe in your mission is critical to gaining the support you need to sustain your programs and operations.
But once you've decided to take the plunge into the world of cause marketing, how do you know where to start?
The GFM Cares team recognizes the value of cause marketing programs not only to increase brand awareness and loyalty, but also to engage community stakeholders such as customers, partners and employees. Below you will find our favorite cause marketing-related resources.
- Boston College Center for Corporate Citizenship – one of the leading resources on corporate citizenship; check out their Center News & Features Blog
- Cause Marketing Forum – features case studies, best practices, "Cause Marketing 101" and more
- CauseNation – blog examining the rapidly evolving world of cause marketing
- CSRFeed – comprehensive corporate social responsibility news and information feed
- CSRWire – corporate social responsibility newswire
- GoodWorks – Advertising Age's cause marketing blog
- Selfish Giving – blog, "a cause marketer's musings on doing well and good"
- In Good Company – The Vault's Corporate Social Responsibility blog
- What Do You Stand For? – blog by Cone designed to address cause-related and corporate-responsibility initiatives
Articles & Case Studies
- CNN Story on Cause Marketing Gets Most Things Right – Selfish Giving
- Why every company needs a cause – CNN
- The Day Cause Marketing Died – AdvertisingAge
- Where Is Cause Marketing Heading In 2010? – MarketingProfs Daily Fix
- The Most Influential Cause Marketing Campaigns of All Time – David Hessekiel, founder and president of the Cause Marketing Forum
Are you a fan of a cause marketing resource that is not listed above? Please let us know! We'd be happy to add it…