GFM Inside: Internal Communications/Employee Engagement
Increasingly, businesses worldwide are recognizing employees as core to their success and working diligently to improve employee engagement to achieve business goals. Employees are often the best advocates for a company’s products and services, and regularly serve as the final point of contact with customers.
So, how do businesses use communications most effectively to reach employees and optimize their performance?
The importance of inclusiveness and transparency cannot be underestimated as social media and new technology tools continue to break down barriers to information and encourage greater employee collaboration.
Workplace silos are being turned on their side to create tunnels that connect people and information in new ways across an organization.1
The GFM Inside team understands the challenges and opportunities of these new workplace dynamics. Below you will find a few resources that we believe are valuable to stay up-to-speed on the latest statistics, trends and campaigns to create internal communications programs that place employees first, and capitalize on their strengths and commitment to the companies that they work for.
Stories to Know
- Let My People Go Surfing, Yvon Chouinard
- Delivering Happiness: A Path to Profits, Passion and Purpose, Tony Hsieh
- Light Their Fire: Using Internal Marketing to Ignite Employee Performance and Wow Your Customers, Susan Drake, Michelle Gulman, Sara Roberts
- Switch: How to Change Things When Change is Hard, Chip & Dan Heath
- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us, Daniel H. Pink
- Corporate Executive Board CEC Employee Communications Forum
- Internal Association of Business Communicators
- Ragan Communications
Articles & Case Studies
- Time to Re-Engage — Human Resource Executive
- People Who Have More Fun at Work are More Innovative — Business Insider
Are you a fan of an internal communications resource that is not listed above? Please let us know! We’d be happy to add it…
1 Tac Anderson, Waggener Edstrom: “Ragan’s 2nd Annual Employee Communications, PR and Social Media Conference,” Redmond, Wash., Nov. 9, 2010.