Amy Moynihan | Senior Director of Communications
Biography | The Real Story
Amy Moynihan is a creative thinker, enjoys finding and telling compelling stories and has a passion for building long-term cause-related brand engagement programs for clients.
Amy’s background spans multiple disciplines with consumer-facing clients with expertise in public awareness and education campaigns, community relations and CSR programs, sponsorship activation, message development and media relations.
Since joining GroundFloor Media, she has managed and supported a variety of accounts including Children's Hospital Colorado, Colorado Garden Foundation, Coors Brewing Company, Craig Hospital, Denver Center for the Performing Arts, Denver Parks and Recreation, Mars Chocolate North America, Noble Energy, PetSmart and Starbucks Coffee.
Before joining GFM, Amy was the corporate communications director for Ultimate Electronics. She also served as a public relations manager at Barnhart/CMI marketing agency and worked as a public relations specialist for the University of Denver’s University College.
Amy holds a master’s degree in applied communication from the University of Denver and a bachelor’s degree in journalism from Texas Tech University. She currently serves on The Art Underground and Louisville Public Library Foundation boards. In her personal time, she hangs out with her husband and children, practices yoga, enjoys the Colorado outdoors and can be found reading a good book.
Biography | The Real Story
Joyful and Dedicated
Don’t let the blond hair and pretty face fool you – Amy Moynihan was not your average girl who grew up in Dallas. In fact, from an early age, she had dreams of seeing the world, traveling as a journalist for National Geographic. However, she moved to Colorado “just for one summer” and has never looked back.
Since taking on her role at GFM in 2003, she’s been the one who’s always willing to do anything for our clients – from dressing “Silver Bullet Girls” in furry boots and painting them blue to wrangling cats for live shots, from pulling a reporter out of a pirate ship to conducting media training and handling crisis communications.
All the new technology prompts her to reminisce about the PR industry’s evolution: “We’ve come a long way from pasting up newsletters and using that percentage wheel to crop photos. I actually used an electric typewriter in college! Man, I’m old!”
This doting wife and working mother still finds time for yoga and can always be found with a good book.
On the iPod: Ryan Adams, U2, Adam Lambert, Muse, Michael Buble, show tunes, classical music and the occasional country ballad
Pet Peeve: Bad drivers
Collections: Profanity substitutes and hand-sanitizer
Guilty Pleasure: Reading
The Inside Scoop: Her husband, now a lawyer in Denver, played Powell Lord III on “One Life to Live”
Recent Blog Posts by Amy Moynihan
- March 06, 2018 – Business Success Boils Down to Purpose – Business success boils down to purpose. It is the No. 1 driver behind successful companies and... [more]
- February 02, 2018 – Amazon, Berkshire Hathaway and JP Morgan Take On Healthcare – Well, “shake it up baby, now” comes to mind when I think of Tuesday’s announcement that... [more]
- December 28, 2017 – Top CSR Companies That "Walk the Walk" in 2017 – As the year wraps up it is time to look at the top CSR companies that “walk the walk” not... [more]
- December 11, 2017 – Will Millennials Drive Socially Responsible Marketing Practices? – Millennials just might be the key to driving socially responsible marketing practices. They... [more]
- November 07, 2017 – Nonprofit Sector: Are You Creating Shared Value for Your Corporate Partners? – Nonprofits creating shared value for their corporate partners are seeing impacts to their... [more]