Brooke Willard | Senior Director of SEO
Brooke Willard is an accomplished marketing strategist with expertise in search engine optimization (SEO), pay-per-click (PPC) advertising, digital marketing, social media integration and web content management. As a digital marketing strategist for GroundFloor Media (GFM), Brooke helps clients understand and leverage digital technology and platforms to raise their online visibility and reach their most important audiences.
Prior to joining the GFM team, Brooke managed social marketing and email initiatives for Centura Health, a large nonprofit health care system. While there, she developed the organization’s social media strategy and content, managed multiple website projects and built the framework for a corporate email marketing program.
Previously, as a web marketing strategist for Denver Health, Brooke oversaw digital marketing strategies for many of the company’s web domains, including its master domain containing more than 900 pages. She also initiated several digital ad campaigns and achieved a marked rise in AdRank, search impressions, click-through rates and website traffic. Brooke’s search marketing efforts included formalizing Denver Health’s internal SEO training and tools, as well as conducting regular audits to guide the formulation of keywords and content strategy.
As a web content specialist for National Jewish Health, Brooke provided the digital content strategy and handled writing and editing duties for the organization’s 5,000-page website, email newsletters and social media platforms. Her smartly designed SEO strategies helped land many of the organization’s key web pages on page one of search rankings.
Brooke also previously held the roles of digital campaigns manager and events manager for the American Liver Foundation. As digital campaigns manager, she managed digital fundraising, email communications, social media integration and event websites. As events manager, she directed five annual fundraising events, from managing the event staff to marketing through both traditional and digital channels.
Brooke earned a master’s degree in public relations & marketing from the University of Denver and bachelors’ degrees in psychology and communications from the University of Wisconsin. She’s passionate about causes related to health care, youth and education, and is fairly fanatical about traveling, color codes and dogs.
Recent Blog Posts by Brooke Willard
- May 04, 2018 – Lessons Learned While Implementing Google Ad Grants Policy Updates – Earlier this year we outlined a collection of changes to the Google Ad Grants policy affecting more... [more]
- April 26, 2018 – The Digital Advertising Landscape Evolves – From updated video tools and live video features to ad-free experiences and AR-menus, Facebook,... [more]
- February 28, 2018 – The Digital Advertising Landscape Evolves – Facebook, Twitter and Google each claim to be rolling out shiny new features to make your... [more]
- February 22, 2018 – Overcoming Imposter Syndrome – You know that sinking feeling you get when a client comes to you with a question directly related... [more]
- January 09, 2018 – Google Ad Grants Changes in 2018: What Nonprofits Need to Know Now – Early this month Google is rolling out some pretty drastic changes to the Google Ad Grants program,... [more]