Climbing Aboard GroundFloor
Looking for a new career?
We certainly appreciate your interest in our company; however, we do not offer internships nor offer entry-level positions as GFM’s communications practitioners average 16 years of experience, and our seasoned model is one of our major differentiators.
Please contact us via mail or e-mail. No phone calls, please.
Attn: Hiring Manager
1923 Market Street
Denver, CO 80202
Senior Director of Social Media & Digital Strategy
GroundFloor Media (GFM) is actively recruiting a senior director of social media & digital strategy to join our growing team. GFM was named the Best Place to Work in 2013 by Outside magazine and was selected as one of the Best Places to Work in Denver by the Denver Business Journal for seven years in a row.
Are you ready to dive in and work with progressive clients by developing and executing strategic social media campaigns? Can you look at this ever-evolving industry and bring creative, results-oriented ideas to the table with intense passion, drive and attention to detail? If you have all of this in your tool box and meet the requirements below, then please send us an email!
Headquartered in Denver, GFM has 35 team members across the country. Additionally, the agency has global reach across six continents through our membership in the Public Relations Global Network. Ambitious brands like Oskar Blues Brewery, Door to Door Organics, 34 Degrees, Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt, Saint Joseph Hospital, Children’s Hospital Colorado, BNSF Railway, USA Swimming, Bellco Qdoba Mexican Grill and Starbucks Coffee Company have collaborated with GFM over the past 13 years to deliver results-driven campaigns.
The senior director of social media & digital strategy will work closely with each of GFM’s core disciplines -- social media strategy & engagement, digital & creative services; crisis & issues management and public relations. The ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting online research, developing strategic social media campaigns, implementing paid social advertising strategies, tracking ROI and online monitoring. The successful candidate must have a strong working knowledge of Sysomos, Radian6 or other similar research and monitoring tools; Google Analytics; and the development of strategic metrics dashboards to effectively track client progress and successes. A strong understanding of how SEO impacts social media and public relations is preferred. Candidates who have hands-on experience with blogger and online influencer relations will be preferred. Additionally, GFM’s senior director of social media & digital strategy will keep up to date on the ever-changing fields of social media marketing and digital metrics through continuing education, seminars, subscriptions and self-study and will share trends and best practices with team members and clients on a regular basis.
- Five years of full-time experience specifically as a social media specialist or manager or the equivalent with knowledge of online metrics and measurement
- Degree in marketing, communications, public relations or related field preferred
- Experience developing engaging content is a must
- Ability to develop innovative solutions to clients’ business challenges, including integrated social media/public relations plans
- Ability to drive engagement across social media platforms
- Strong understanding of traditional public relations programs and measurement, as well as digital and online metrics
- Proven ability to develop strategic metrics dashboards and measurement systems for his/her clients or corporation
- Experience monitoring online activity for developing issues/crisis situations
- Experience with social media research and monitoring tools including Radian6, Sysomos, etc.
- Experience using website analytics to discover trends and develop advanced measurement systems
- Excellent oral and written business communication skills, including an ability to interact professionally with clients and deliver presentations
- Analytical thinker, problem-solver
- Self-motivated, able to multi-task efficiently
- Effective project management skills
If you’re up to the challenge, send your resume and salary history to email@example.com. Please include specific social media, digital strategy, online monitoring/measurement and PR experience in your cover letter. No phone calls please. We will do a better job touching base initially by email.