GroundFloor Media (GFM) is actively recruiting a talented and creative graphic designer to join our growing team. GFM was named the Best Place to Work in 2013 by Outside magazine and was selected as one of the Best Places to Work in Denver by the Denver Business Journal for seven years in a row.
Headquartered in Denver, GFM has 34 team members across the country. Additionally, the agency has global reach across six continents through our membership in the Public Relations Global Network. Ambitious brands like Qdoba Mexican Grill, 34 Degrees, Oskar Blues Brewery, Door to Door Organics, Children’s Hospital Colorado, BNSF Railway, LiveWell Colorado, USA Swimming, Bellco and Starbucks Coffee Company have collaborated with GFM over the past 12 years to deliver results-driven campaigns.
This newly created position will be responsible for providing in-house graphic design and client-focused creative. The successful candidate will develop a variety of creative projects, including presentations, decks, brochures, infographics, advertisements, corporate identity packages, static and motion-based graphics and interactive Web applications. These designs may integrate typographic, photographic, illustrative and graphic elements.
Ideal candidates will be conceptual thinkers who can problem solve and create visual narratives for websites and mobile platforms; will be no strangers to large-scale, impactful projects; can work independently after initial concepting; and can make critical thinking decisions and recommendations. Qualified candidates must have design experience, as well as strong communications and customer relationship skills.
- Proven experience designing user interfaces that are intuitive, efficient and aesthetically pleasing
- Sound design fundamentals that translate to Web and print
- Proficiency in the latest Adobe Creative Suite and/or Adobe Creative Cloud
- Understanding of HTML5 (or other markup languages) and CSS3
- Versatile design abilities to meet different style and medium needs
- Demonstrated experience working through traditional UX/UI design phases (user research, wireframes/story boards, mockups, HTML/CSS builds)
- Ability to create UI designs that are ready to be implemented
- Proven experience with mobile and responsive design
- Demonstrated experience in traffic management and the preflight/prepress finishing of files according to vendor specifications (for print, Web and interactive environments)
- Ability to create process flows, conceptual diagrams, user flows, wireframes
- Ability to comfortably use HTML and CSS either in custom websites or using a template-based CMS or other vendor's preferred CMS
- Working knowledge and understanding of front-end code a plus
- Motion graphics and video editing capabilities a plus
- Ability to take direction and elicit constructive feedback to create a complete layout, effectively translate feedback to account teams and balance clients’ goals and constraints with creative opportunities
- High comfort level in terms of engaging and interacting directly with clients and managing vendors, including print and email vendors, and developers
- Ability to work closely and collaborate with account teams to determine branding and style guidelines
- Demonstrated experience as an individual contributor who requires limited supervision and is self-directed
- Ability to multi-task on a variety of projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to provide input/ideas to contribute to overall marketing strategies
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of graphic design experience is required
- BFA in graphic design, computer imaging or related degree encouraged
To learn more about GFM, visit groundfloormedia.com or get to know the agency on Twitter, Facebook or Pinterest. If you’re up to the challenge, please send your cover letter, resume, design portfolio and salary history to email@example.com by Jan. 29, 2014.