Senior Director of Communications
GroundFloor Media (GFM), recently named one of the Best Places to Work in Denver by the Denver Business Journal for the sixth year in a row, is actively recruiting a senior director of communications to join our expanding strategic communications team. Are you looking to jump in and work with progressive clients by developing and executing strategic communication plans, social media initiatives and crisis communication/reputation management campaigns? Can you look at this ever-evolving industry and bring creative, results-oriented ideas to the table with intense passion, drive and attention to detail? If you have all of this in your arsenal and meet the requirements below, please send us an email.
Staffed entirely by seasoned industry pros, GFM is an award-winning public relations agency focused on strategic communications, social media, crisis communication & reputation management and digital strategy. Headquartered in Denver, GFM has nearly 30 team members across the country. Additionally, the agency has global reach across six continents through our membership in thePublic Relations Global Network (PRGN). Ambitious brands like Qdoba MexicanGrill, Coors Brewing Company, Children’s Hospital Colorado, BNSF Railway, LiveWell Colorado, USA Swimming, Bellco Credit Union and Starbucks Coffee Company have collaborated with GFM for the past decade to deliver results-driven campaigns.
Do you have a diverse background developing and implementing creative public relations programs, including strategic communications, social media and crisis communication/reputation management, for an agency or corporate communications department? Do you have a bachelor's degree in communications, public relations or journalism? Are you an active member of professional associations and/or community organizations? Some other things we’ll look for include:
- Track record of conducting successful, strategic communications programs that employ creativity and generate results
- Social media acumen in both your personal and professional lives
- Experience in crisis communication/reputation management, both proactive and reactive
- Ability to demonstrate ROI for traditional and non-traditional communications campaigns
- Proven media relations skills with results to back them up
- Established relationships with key reporters, editors and bloggers
- Adept at managing client relationships and account team roles and responsibilities
- Competent in developing and tracking complex budgets
- Ability to perform effectively under pressure and in a fast-paced, results-oriented agency environment
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively from top to bottom with numerous project teams
- Professionally mature with sound judgment and the ability to gain immediate credibility
- Excellent organization and project management skills, attention to detail, written/verbal communications skills and motivational skills
- Self-directed, adaptable manager who can positively motivate high-performance public relations teams and produce results for clients
- Strategic and creative thinker
- Models the GroundFloor Media values of teamwork, pride, trust and integrity
If you're up to the challenge, send your resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15. Please include specific public relations, social media and online monitoring/measurement experience in your cover letter. No phone calls please. We will do a better job touching base initially by email.