Seasoned Crisis and Issues Management Practitioner
Job Description: GroundFloor Media (GFM), named one of the Best Places to Work in Denver by the Denver Business Journal for the fifth year in a row, is actively recruiting a seasoned professional to join our crisis and issues management practice. Ideally, the candidate can serve in a part-time or full-time capacity, and s/he must have more than 10 years of experience with a knowledge base of managing complex issues, including social media crises.
This position requires the following:
- Experience developing crisis communication plans
- Proven expertise handling crises/issues real time, either for clients or corporations
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively from top to bottom with numerous project teams
- Ability to perform effectively under pressure and in a fast-paced, results-oriented agency environment
- Professionally mature with sound judgment and the ability to gain immediate credibility
- Adept at handling adversity and experience challenging reporters/editors to get desired results for clients
- Excellent organization and project management skills, attention to detail, written/verbal communications skills and motivational skills
- Self-directed adaptable manager who can positively motivate high-performance communications teams and produce results for clients
- Strategic and creative thinker when it comes to issues management specifically and communications in general
- Models the GFM values of teamwork, pride, trust and integrity
A little bit about us… GroundFloor Media (www.groundfloormedia.com) is an award-winning strategic communications firm staffed by energetic and dynamic public relations pros. Our entire team is made up of seasoned public relations practitioners with an average of 16 years of industry experience.
Our clients are our partners, and we are proud to say they come to us from a wide array of industries. For instance, some of our current clients include Qdoba Mexican Grill, USA Swimming, Colorado Garden Show, Children's Hospital Colorado, BNSF Railway and Westwood College.
As you may have heard, we are an entrepreneurial agency offering competitive wages and bonuses, an opportunity to directly share in the firm’s financial success and flexible work environments and schedules. Most of all, we strive to foster a culture of teamwork, peer-to-peer learning and professional growth. We work hard to make this a great place to work.
If you’re up to the challenge, send your resume and salary history to email@example.com. Please include specific issues management, crisis communication, media relations, social media and internal communications experience in your cover letter. No phone calls, please. We will do a better job touching base initially by email.