In 2010, we launched “Get Giving” as part of GFM’s Get Grounded program. This program allows GFM team members and our families, friends, clients and associates to contribute to local organizations in need of charitable donations throughout the year.
So what is Get Giving? Each year we select local nonprofits that accept various donations. We help food pantries, animal shelters, schools, women’s shelters and other organizations with which our staff have personal connections. (Please note – we do not accept outside solicitations for contributions.) We accept donations at our office and take them to the facility at the end of the collection period.
In 2011, we created a special 10th Anniversary Get Giving Initiative. GFM has always been committed to giving back to the community. As such, we couldn't let our 10th anniversary celebration go by without finding a special way to do just that.
We expanded our award–winning, nationally recognized Get Giving community donation program to award a total of $10,000 – $1,000 for each year of service – to four different charities. We divided our own crew into four teams, and each team selected a local nonprofit to support. Each nonprofit received a gift of $2,500, along with additional volunteer "elbow grease." To learn more about the four organizations and our related initiatives, please check out the links below:
- Underwearness: The Underdogs
- Dress for Success: The Impressionistas
- Morris Animal Foundation: GrrrroundFloor Animals
- Colfax Community Network: The Colfax Crew
To date, we’ve supported:
- Florence Crittenton Services (formerly Parent Pathways)
- Colorado Youth at Risk
- Dumb Friends League
- Safehouse Denver
- Warren Village “Through ‘Get Giving on the Road’ in 2010, GFM donated 11 boxes to Warren Village jam-packed with toys, games and clothes – all from our holiday wish list! This contribution helped us provide a joyous holiday to over 350 individuals. This outstanding gift reinforces GFM’s commitment to the community. Giving back has been core to the agency since they were founded 10-years ago and they are truly making a difference in people’s lives as a result. Warren Village is pleased to be a beneficiary of Get Giving and extends our heartfelt thanks to the GFM team, clients and partners.”
– Sharon Knight, President and CEO Warren Village
We think this is a great way to get a little more grounded in our community through the organizations we care about, and we hope you agree!