Founded in 2001, GroundFloor Media (GFM) is an award-winning integrated communications firm with expertise in public relations, cause marketing for CSR programs and crisis communication & reputation management. CenterTable, GFM’s sister digital agency founded in 2016, has a team dedicated to offering clients social media, digital advertising, website design & development, search engine marketing (SEM), video production, and creative services.
Headquartered in Denver, the agencies have more than 40 team members throughout the U.S., with a global reach across 50 countries through membership in PROI, the industry’s largest partnership of independent agencies. Giving back to our communities is in our DNA, and we established the our Get Grounded Foundation in 2015. This private 501(c)(3) provides one-year grants for innovative programs that support Denver’s at-risk youth with a focus on the prevention of child abuse and neglect, youth behavioral health and childhood hunger relief.
GFM has been recognized eight consecutive times by Outside magazine as one of the top 10 Best Places to Work in America and is the longest-tenured company nationwide to be listed in the top ten. In addition, GFM was named a Certified B Corporation® in 2016 by the global nonprofit B Lab®. The certification recognizes companies meeting the highest global standards for corporate transparency, accountability and social and environmental performance. In addition, the agencies have been honored twice with The Civic 50 award, recognizing 50 Colorado-based companies that set the standard for superior corporate citizenship in our state.
Our Ideal Team Member
We don’t believe in micromanaging and prefer to hire smart, kind and humble individuals with incredible organizational and project management skills who get excited about big ideas and complex challenges. Most importantly, we are looking to add a team member who demonstrates uncompromising ethics, passionate collaboration, mutual respect and unwavering accountability and exemplifies what we call “talent-tude” – mad skills complemented by a great outlook on both work and life. We hire carefully because we want our team members to be with us for a long time as successful members of our team. Historically, our annual attrition rate has hovered around 3% as compared to an average of 25% in our industry.
Our ideal team member will bring at least seven (7) years of experience in communications to this role. Candidates with the following attributes will likely succeed in this position:
- Can identify and understands how to tell a compelling story via traditional and digital channels and mediums, and has a solid understanding of how social/digital media integrates with internal and external communications campaigns
- Demonstrates social media acumen and sound judgment in both their personal and professional lives
- Experience managing public relations strategy & execution, as well as internal communications and/or crisis management
- Solid, creative and compelling writing skills
- Proficient with creating various forms of written content, from website copy to social media posts
- Self-motivated with a passion for delivering excellence
- Demonstrates success with project & budget management
- Can successfully lead an integrated team
- Is an active member of professional associations and/or community organizations
If you’re up to the challenge, send 1) a cover letter, 2) your resume 3) what makes you excited about working with our team and our clients and 4) salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org by Dec. 31, 2020. No phone calls please. We will do a better job touching base initially by email.