At GFM we pride ourselves on being storytellers. Whether we’re drafting messaging, cooking up some social content, or even managing the frontline of a crisis – at the end of the day it’s all about telling a story.
Ask one of these GFM storytellers what stories have resonated with them recently, and you’re bound to get a variety of answers. From short stories to historical novels and everything in between, one thing is clear: GFMers love a good story.
And while we don’t all have time for long novels (just ask the new parents who could recite classics like Where The Wild Things Are or new favorites like Go the F**k to Sleep! thanks to reading them to little ones over and over again…), the only thing we love more than reading is sharing our favorite titles with friends.
Here’s a list of some of the recent titles we’ve devoured, compiled by GFM team members for your reading pleasure!
Whether it’s self discovery or simply following in another’s footsteps, GFMers are big fans of non-fiction. Here are some of our recent picks in this category:
- Into the Wild by Jon KrakauerNewjack by Ted Conover
- Small Giants by Bo Burlingham
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lack by Rebecca Skloot
- Tibetan Book of Living and Dying by Sogyal Rinpoche
We simply can’t resist escaping through a good book, and the titles below are strongly endorsed by at least one if not multiple GFMers. In fact, you can find well-loved copies of a few of these being passed from person to person as we share our love of books at the office!
- Breakfast With Buddha by Rolan Merullo
- Lunch With Buddha by Rolan Merullo
- Girl on a Train by Paula Hawkins
- Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan
- The Boston Girl by Anita Diamant
- The Engagements by J. Courtney Sullivan
- The Interestings by Meg Wolitzer
- The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
- The Perfume Collector by Kathleen Tessaro
- The Storied Life of AJ Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin
- Fall of Giants by Ken Follett
- American Gods by Neil Gaiman
- The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare