We recently covered how to submit your XML sitemap to Google as part of your onsite SEO efforts, so we wanted to be sure we circled back to talk about submitting that same XML sitemap to Bing, as well.
Submitting the XML sitemap is a great way to tell search engines about all the content on your website and make it quicker and easier for the search engines to find, index and return the website in search results.
Steps to Submit the XML Sitemap to Bing
- Jot down the URL for your website’s XML sitemap. For example, com/sitemap.xml.
- Create a Bing Webmaster Toolsaccount and verify that you own the website.
- Once logged into your Bing Webmaster Tools account, go to Configure My Site, then Sitemaps.
- Paste the entire XML sitemap URL into the box. For example, com/sitemap.xml.
- Click “Submit” and you’re done! The status will update when the sitemap has been crawled and indexed.